Friday, December 17, 2010

Recipe Butterscotch Praline Cookies

BUTTERSCOTCH PRALINE COOKIES



12 oz.butterscotch morsels
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup nuts

Melt 1/2 the butterscotch morsels and margarine in double boiler. Stir in brown sugar and cool. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients then add nuts. Then spread the mixture into a greased and wax paper lined 9x13 pan. Grease pan, paper, then grease paper also. (I used Crisco) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (in my oven it was 20min) Turn out on wire rack, peel off paper. (I did not try to peel off paper before cutting since I was not able to figure out how in the world to do that! So, I sprinkled the remaining morsels on top and allowed them to sit for 5 minutes and then spread them like icing with my spreader. I used my pizza cutter which worked best and tested a corner first. The ones in the middle needed to cool more than the edges so give them at least 15 minutes or more to cool. Greasing the paper was the trick! Makes 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you have questions or thoughts about the content shared in this blog.